Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an Accounting Clerk for a very reputable law firm in Houston, TX . The Accounting Clerk must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy in order to process accounts receivables and collections in a timely manner. The ideal candidate must be professional and courteous and have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.. Previous experience with legal accounting is highly desired. Experience with legal billing programs, specifically, PCLaw is a plus.
- Accounts Receivables
- Process cash receipts in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure correct application of payments to client accounts
- Prepare checks for daily deposit
- Provide monthly Receivables by Client reports for collection and follow-up
- Update Receivables report with payments and write-offs
- Resolve difficult collection challenges by examining payment and invoice history, payment plans, and prior payment applications
- Respond to internal inquiries related to open invoices and collections
- Continually evaluate processes and recommend improvements
- Assist with other accounting tasks as needed
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to recognize and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player and willing to assist other team members.
- Experience in PCLaw a plus.
- Knowledge of billing programs such as Legal eXchange, Legal-X, Legal Solutions, etc. a plus
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience: 1-3+ years
Education: HS Diploma, some college (especially accounting) preferred
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected].