Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an Analytical Chemist for a very reputable contract testing laboratory in Houston, TX. The Chemist should have thorough knowledge and experience with Gas Chromatography and ICP. Previous experience testing grains, oils, fats, or food products is highly desired.
- Assist Chemists, Researchers, and Scientists by performing routine and nonroutine quality control testing
- Perform analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate and finished products by use of GC, ICP, autotitrators, wet chemical methods, physical testing, and other established procedures
- Participate in new method development for new and existing products and lab procedures
- Properly document results and assist in the development and improvement of laboratory SOPs
- Maintain all laboratory databases with new results for record keeping and report generation
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment per the current maintenance schedule
- Interact and communicate results and activities to Lab Management, Production, Operations, and Customer Service
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies
- Assist with raw material stocks, inventory control, and general housekeeping
- Perform other duties assigned.
Years of Experience: 0-3+ years
Education: BS Chemistry or related
Shift/Travel: M-F, days + OT as needed
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected].