Job Title: Calibration Specialist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Calibration Specialist for a pharmaceutical company in Houston, TX. The Calibration Specialist will support the equipment calibration programs, in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines, manufacturer’s specifications and client’s specifications.
- Documents, reviews, and audits calibration/maintenance/repair activities of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains calibration/maintenance schedules to keep the Calibration Program up-to-date.
- Completes all work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with cGMP and GLP requirements.
- Maintains and archives calibration/maintenance/service records.
- Assists in the installation, operation, and performance qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) of laboratory instruments.
- Records and reports out-of-tolerance results and any other instrument-related issues to the manager and performs corrective actions as directed.
- Arranges for vendor service when necessary and ordering certified standards/parts requested.
- Maintains inventory and researches options on prices and availability of parts.
- Works closely with users and external groups to help operate and develop techniques that will meet the needs of the user community.
- Participates in writing SOPs, protocols, and instrument validation plans.
- Aids in laboratory investigations due to instrument-related issues when needed.
- Perform and support the transfer and implementation of analytical equipment
- Calibrates/verifies/qualifies and performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment which include, but is not limited to, HPLC, UPLC, UV/Vis, GC, dissolution, FTIR, particle size analyzers, etc.
- Inspects, evaluates, troubleshoots, and repairs laboratory equipment when problems arise.
- Installs/re-installs, disassembles, cleans and makes necessary modifications to various instruments.
Years of Experience: 1-3+ years
Education: AS/BS Degree in Life Science or related
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.