Job Title: Chemist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Chemist for a major petrochemical company in Houston, TX. This is a great opportunity to play an integral role in the research and development of new polymer products. Candidates with previous research or undergraduate research experience are encouraged to apply.
- Use analytical equipment, instrumentation and company assets to support R&D and production facilities.
- Perform analytical work to support the efforts in polymer product development, technical service support of customers, and the production facilities.
- Coordinate regular maintenance on instrumentation.
- Provide timely information on requested tests and ensure data quality using SQC methodology.
- Document the work performed in LIMS and project reports
- Properly document results into LIMS and assist in the development and improvement of laboratory SOPs.
- Maintain all laboratory databases with new results for record keeping and report generation.
- Interact and communicate results and activities to Lab Management, Production, Operations, and Customer Service.
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies.
- Assist with raw material stocks, inventory control, and general housekeeping.
- Candidates with mechanical aptitude are preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by lab manager.
- Support and follow company policies and maintain professional conduct in all business matters.
Years of Experience: 0-5+ years
Education: BS/MS Chemistry, Polymer/Material Science or similar
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Long-term contract, strong possibility for permanent hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.