Job Title: Coatings Application Scientist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Coatings Application Scientist for a specialty chemical company in Houston, TX. As a Coatings Application Scientist, you will support the innovation in the Paint and Coatings markets through formulation design, evaluation, and engagement with paint and coatings customers.
- Conduct the coatings laboratory projects supporting new product development and commercial growth. Develop technical value propositions. Translate voice of customers (VOC) into key performance attributes. Design and conduct experiments to demonstrate and quantify functional and performance benefits using customer language.
- Interface with the technology platform, corporate analytical laboratory, and pilot staff to ensure seamless technology transfer and scale-up.
- Support coatings technical product commercialization, assisting in the creation of technical data sheets, brochures, and new product launch packages.
- Support within a cross-functional team to develop IP strategy in the coatings space. Conduct annual coatings IP landscape study, stay up to date to competitive IP.
- Coordinate comparative testing & evaluation of competitive products in the coatings markets.
- Supervise lab technicians.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Sales, Operations, Marketing and other company affiliated employees involved in supplying and servicing the coatings markets. Serve as a resource for customer problem resolving and technical support.
- Represent the organization in forums and conferences within specific area of application expertise.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by Management.
- Experience in resin systems and formulations with pigments, fillers, curing agents, activators.
- Experience in various paint and coating systems, including architectural interior, exterior coatings, industrial coatings, and specialty applications such as solar reflection coatings.
- Laboratory experience with chemicals, MSDS, ventilation and safety training.
- Hands-on ability to execute analytical / laboratory procedures and maintain applicable equipment / systems.
- Deep knowledge of coating formulations with a structured methodology for building, optimizing, and testing coating formulations is preferred.
- Experience with Critical to Quality (CTQ) process is preferred.
Years of Experience: 3-7+ years
Education: BS/MS/PhD Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract, possibility of permanent hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.