Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Electrical Engineer for a major chemical plant in Houston, TX. The electrical engineer will be responsible for the continuous improvement of maintenance systems, equipment reliability, mechanical integrity, project planning, and reduction of maintenance cost with particular emphasis on electrical systems, components and controls. Will work within the plant safety and environmental programs. In addition, will interact with all levels of plant and non-plant personnel as required to perform duties and responsibilities. From time to time, will oversee and/or coordinate teams, to evaluate and resolve electrical distribution and controls challenges within the company.
Works with assigned instrument and electrical craftsmen / outside contractors in the daily requirements of maintaining the plant in safe and maximum operating condition. The role deals with day to day routine electrical, preventative, and predictive maintenance programs. Maintains liaison with other Maintenance and Production Supervisors in order to efficiently coordinate jobs and utilize available manpower. Responsible for support of plant engineering, maintenance, environmental & other regulatory compliance. A good deal of time may involve planning future process improvements and capital projects. This position will require an individual that can manage cost, assess needs/provide training for employees, develop equipment down time/reliability solutions and support troubleshooting needs if required. The selected person will be responsible for leadership, mentoring, supervision of personnel, maintenance planning and scheduling, employee training, and promotes the advancement of multi-craft skills. Coordinate and oversee activities to maintain and improve the plant instrument/ electrical systems. Decrease plant expense and downtime, while continuously improving unit control for better quality and throughout. Be accountable for safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity and cost for I&E department.
- Assures that all work assigned is executed in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Includes site cleanup upon job completion.
- Reviews emergency work requests for validity of emergency priority and reassigns personnel as required to remedy the emergency.
- Prepares accurate and timely daily time distribution reports.
- Keep maintenance Manager updated and fully informed on scheduled and emergency work progress, rescheduling requirements, completion and/or additional manpower requirements.
- Comply with all company policies, practices and procedures. Teaches and enforces company safety rules, housekeeping rules and policies/procedures to personnel under his supervision. Initiates appropriate disciplinary actions when required.
- Assures that all materials and equipment used meets plant specifications and other applicable codes as may be required.
- Manage cost of spare parts pertaining to all process plant instrumentation equipment. Design, recommend, and implement the facilities spare parts plan for instrumentation.
- Manage smaller and midsize projects that require estimating, budgeting, scheduling, monitoring, cost control, and periodic reporting of the results.
- Prepare, write, review and manage the preparation of standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for calibration, operation and maintenance of utility and process equipment.
- Plan and execute long, medium, and short term maintenance jobs involving daily and periodic maintenance jobs involving instrumentation. This includes but is not limited to: trouble shooting, follow-ups, cause investigation, improvement activities, preparing and executing check lists, equipment diagnosis, startup and shutdown activities, making and presenting reports, calibration, validation, design and evaluation of new electrical and instrumentation, etc.
- Lead, manage, provide training, individual performance evaluation of outside contractors, and direct maintenance technicians, outside contractors and operations personnel to accomplish a wide variety of maintenance and capital improvement work.
- Recommend continuous improvements to the facilities productivity and manufacturing costs.
- Provide and or conduct safety and technical training for the I&E personnel.
- Assist the maintenance engineer with unit turnaround budget estimates, coordination and implementation.
- Oversee process equipment inspection and calibration, as well as, document control as it pertains to ISO certification.
- Check equipment for proper operation, safety, and/or needed maintenance.
- Investigate work-related accidents.
- Supervise preventative maintenance activities on plant equipment, i.e. clean, check, test, calibrate.
- Oversee maintenance of plant 138KV Main substation, and downstream transformers and power electrical circuits, motors, generators, breakers, protective relays, and switch gear.
- Shall manage, maintain, identify, implement upgrade site wide Electrical Infrastructure.
- Execute electrical projects.
- Maintain and carryout periodic preventive maintenance and testing of Electrical infrastructure and assets.
- Shall carryout Electrical Load Studies, Arc Flash Studies, power factor study, and update and maintain electrical drawings. Working Knowledge of ETAP, SKM electrical software.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Participate in pro-active team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Work fair share of week-end duty as required
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Years of Experience: 5-10+ years
Education: BS Electrical Engineering or similar, PE license is mandatory
Shift/Travel: M-F, days + weekend duty as needed
Assignment Type: Direct hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]