Job Title: Field Service Representative
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Field Service Representative for an analytical instrument manufacturer in Houston, TX. The Field Service Representative will perform installation, routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, calibration and testing of electronic instrumentation and related electromechanical equipment used in the company’s Gas Chromatographs and Elemental analyzers for the Petrochemical industry. Position requires up to 90% travel to customer locations, primarily throughout the area mentioned and various other territory coverage based on business need.
- Provide field service support at customer sites, which includes but not limited to, installation, preventive maintenance, calibration, test validation, basic troubleshooting and breakdown repairs on company’s Gas Chromatography and Elemental product lines.
- Service may be performed at customer site or in-house.
- Provide telephone support as needed.
- Perform regular maintenance, calibrations and validations, and check sensing, measuring, and recording instrumentation and circuitry, testing and verification of all functions of equipment used in laboratories, according to characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
- Operate GC and Elemental Analyzers during test cycle to produce, regulate, and record effects of actual or simulated conditions such as flash point, distillation, cold properties, evaporative loss, viscosity, vibration as well as other physical properties testing and/or determine through testing methods an elemental diagnosis such as quantity of sulfur, nitrogen, fluoride, etc.
- Use computerized equipment, test equipment, and software to perform testing functions.
- Manage inventory assigned for repairs to ensure accuracy of individual and main warehouse.
- Timely submittal of travel expenses each week in ERP system.
- Ensure inventory is properly documented for transfer before and after assigned service call.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of product specifications as assigned including product and software updates.
- Promote good customer relationships through professional communication and by providing exceptional customer service.
- Observe essential safety policies and procedures within Company and at customer sites at all times.
- Assist with related special projects, as required.
Years of Experience: 3-7+ years
Education: AS/BS Chemistry or related OR equivalent industry experience
Shift/Travel: M-F, days, ~90% travel in Gulf Coast region, including Houston
Compensation: Base salary DOE + car allowance + per diem + travel reimbursement
Assignment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.