Job Title: IT Support Technician
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an IT Support Technician for a pharmaceutical company in North Houston. Under direct supervision of the Director of IT, the technician will provide prompt and accurate responses to and diagnose problems through discussions with end users. This individual will research, diagnose and resolve moderately complex technical problems. They will respond to requests for technical support as well as document, track, and monitor the problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Setup, testing and implementation of all desktop and laptop computer systems.
- Manage the corporate desktop, laptop and lab computer systems to ensure performance & availability.
- Maintain office and lab computer configurations following SOPs found in the company quality system.
- Maintain accurate IT inventory documentation for hardware and software.
- Maintain IT workroom.
- Organize and document parts and supplies. Recycle and/or dispose of obsolete computer equipment in following company policies.
- Utilize incident tracking system to accurately document all problems and resolutions.
- Maintain operating systems on all desktops and laptop computers. Perform regular preventative maintenance on all user systems to maintain security, improve performance and prevent downtime.
- Apply and maintain records of vendor updates as appropriate and timely as possible for all systems.
- Maintain IT documentation as well as create SOP documents in the quality system to describe all system administration responsibilities, setup and maintenance.
- Maintain anti-virus software and application updates.
- Support remote office and traveling users.
- Manage daily backups of critical systems.
- Support end users in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Required functional knowledge and experience:
- MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Anti-virus clients
- Operating systems
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Desktops, Laptops, Projectors
- TCP/IP addressing, routing and remote access clients
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Years of Experience: 1-3+ years
Education: AS/BS degree preferred
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]