Job Title: Lab Technician
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for experienced Lab Technicians for a reputable specialty chemical company in Southeast Houston. The Lab Technician will work together with other Lab Technicians and independently, to test and evaluate raw materials, production batches, and specific customer samples. Plastics or polymers testing experience is a plus, but not required.
- Assist Chemists, Researchers, and Scientists by performing routine quality control testing.
- Perform analytical testing on raw materials, intermediate and finished products by use of GC, GC-Headspace, autotitrators, moisture analysis, wet chemical methods, physical testing, roll mills, and other established procedures.
- Properly document results and assist in the development and improvement of laboratory SOPs.
- Maintain all laboratory databases with new results for record keeping and report generation.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment per the current maintenance schedule.
- Interact and communicate results and activities to Lab Management, Production, Operations, and Customer Service.
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies.
- Assist with raw material stocks, inventory control, and general housekeeping.
- Candidates with mechanical aptitude are preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by lab manager.
Years of Experience: 2-7+ years
Education: AS/BS Science or industry experience
Shift/Travel: Rotating 12 hour shifts
Compensation: $28/hr DOE
Assignment Type: Long term contract, strong possibility of going permanent
Location: Southeast Houston
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]