Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer for the Maintenance Department of a major chemical company in Houston, TX. The mechanical engineer will be responsible for the continuous improvement of maintenance systems, equipment reliability, mechanical integrity, quality programs, reduction of maintenance cost, and project planning for assigned production units. They will work within the plant safety and environmental programs. He/she will interact with all levels of plant and non-plant personnel as required to perform duties and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have experience with API standards, mechanical integrity, and rotating equipment within a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Creates preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and condition-based monitoring programs, to increase mean time between failures.
- Identifies equipment and facilities with high maintenance cost and/or high failure rates and works to improve mechanical reliability.
- Develops, maintains, and continuously improves the mechanical integrity (MI) program for all selected critical equipment.
- Participates in the preparation of the bill of materials (BOM) which covers equipment for which he/she is responsible.
- Sets up and maintains permanent equipment files on work history, and cost, detailed to individual work orders.
- Develops and monitors the plants non-destructive inspection program which includes planned scheduled equipment inspections.
- Responsible for planning and tracking the execution of all the facilities shutdowns.
- Presents a commitment to high standards and the ability to inspire those qualities in others.
- Represents the company’s position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants.
- Participate in pro-active team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Comply with all company policies, practices and procedures.
- Work overtime as required
- Participate on call duty roster
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the work place, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
Years of Experience: 7-10+ years
Education: BS Mechanical Engineering preferred
Shift/Travel: M-F, days + on-call as needed
Assignment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]