Job Title: Process Chemist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Process Chemist for a large manufacturing and production facility in Houston, TX. The Chemist will provide direct support to production by performing analytical testing, communicating results to operations, and providing oversight for various processes.
- Perform quantitative analysis on intermediate and finished products by use of GC, TGA, DGA, GPC, ICP, XRD, SEM, AA, and other instrumental methods.
- Properly document results and generate reports.
- Communicate and work with laboratory, production, quality, and other departmental management to improve processes, investigate production issues, and prepare for internal/external audits.
- Review, prepare, and write Standard Operating Procedures for laboratory testing and processes.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment per the current maintenance schedule.
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies.
- Assist with retain organization, inventory control, and general housekeeping when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by lab manager.
Years of Experience: 2-5+ years
Education: BS Chemistry or related
Shift/Travel: M-F, 8a-5p + occasional nights or weekends rotation (when needed)
Assignment Type: Long-term Contract, possibility of going permanent
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected].