Job Title: QC Technician
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a QC Technician for a pharmaceutical company in Houston, TX. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for assay assessment, development, implementation, and validation for use evaluating human biologic drug products manufactured in a cGMP environment. It is also the responsibility of this position to troubleshoot any problems that may arise and to be up-to-date on all methods applicable for QC testing. Previous experience with qPCR is a must.
- Perform testing using a variety of QC assays, including Nucleic acid purification and control, Gel Electrophoresis, Microbiological techniques, qPCR Gene Expression and Genomic, and Mammalia Cell Culture and Transfection
- Utilize various software for QC analysis, including qPCR, Spectramax, gel imaging, and MS Office
- Participate in in-process testing, release testing, and stability testing
- Set-up, organize, and coordinate day to day operations of quality control lab.
- Calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Accurate record keeping and documentation of results.
- Report generation and results communication.
- Editing and writing of standard operating procedures.
- General housekeeping, such as, cleaning glassware, trash removal, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience: 1-3+ years
Education: AS/BS Degree in Life Science
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected].