Job Title: Quality Control Analytical Chemist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Quality Control Analytical Chemist for a pharmaceutical company in North Houston. The Quality Control Analytical Chemist is responsible for new assay development, method transfers, assay qualifications and validations. It is also the responsibility of this position to troubleshoot any problems that may arise and to be up-to-date on all methods applicable for QC use.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and validating methods utilizing liquid chromatography (HPLC/UPLC, CGE and LCMS) is required.
- Experiments may range from analyses using HPLC, CGE, Spectrophotometer, ELISA Assays, Gel Electrophoresis, and other instrumental methods to non-instrumental methods (wet chemical methods).
- Knowledge of departmental procedures and policies.
- Train junior staff on assays and GMP Practices.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Day-to-day operations of the Quality Control Laboratory including testing, documentation and laboratory maintenance.
- Support performance targets for the laboratory, and monitor actual performance against targets, taking appropriate and timely CAPA where applicable.
- Support awareness and achievement of all regulations.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing team regarding issues which arise and are detected in the laboratory and also for trials which are performed as part of Root Cause investigation.
- Support all Process and Equipment Validation projects where laboratory services are required.
Years of Experience: 1-2+ years
Education: BS Science or related work experience
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: North Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.