Job Title: Quality Control Technician
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Quality Control Technician for a pharmaceutical company in North Houston. The technician will be responsible for in-process and release testing of products. The ideal candidate will have previous laboratory experience and knowledge of working in a GMP environment.
- Perform testing using a variety of quality control procedures and assays, including wet chemical methods, DNA concentration and purity analysis, protein quantitation, gel electrophoresis, Plasmid forms analysis, host cell genomic DNA quantitation, RNA quantitation, and others.
- Assistance and operation of HPLC, gel imaging software, and spectromax software.
- Environmental monitoring of the production areas.
- Set-up, organize, and coordinate day to day operations of quality control lab.
- Calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Accurate record keeping and documentation of results.
- Report generation and results communication.
- Editing and writing of standard operating procedures.
- General housekeeping, such as, cleaning glassware, trash removal, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by lab manager.
Years of Experience: 1-2+ years
Education: AS/BS Science
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: North Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.