Job Title: R&D Specialist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an R&D Specialist for a growing polymer company in Houston, TX. The R&D Specialist will play a key role in supporting our customers and internal teams by providing new/modified products and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position will work closely with the sales team and technical service to identify customer needs in order to provide technical solutions to meet those needs. The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge about polymers’ properties and their processing and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide new/modified products to customers regarding biopolymer products and applications.
- Development products and processes and accumulate related knowledge that will lead to business growth for the company division.
- Collaborate with the sales team and technical service team to identify customer needs and provide technical solutions that meet those.
- Participate/lead in customer visits when needed.
- Support the efforts of the technical service team which may include but not be limited to designing and conducting testing, interpreting data, creating technical reports to be presented to customers, and making technical presentations at industry functions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to support product knowledge and application.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in biopolymer technology.
- Conduct Performance Reviews based upon standard company policy.
- Perform 1 on 1 meetings as per company policy.
- Support other company business units as requested by management.
- Participate in Company-related initiatives (i.e. Best Practices) as directed by management.
- Participate in regularly scheduled training (i.e. Safety, IT) as requested by management.
- Participate in local functions as needed.
- Actively engage with digital platforms (i.e. SAP) to efficiently perform duties related to the Biopolymers business.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
Years of Experience: 2-5+ years
Education: BS/MS Chemistry, Material Science or related
Shift/Travel: M-F, days, some travel may be required
Assignment Type: Direct Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.