Job Title: Research Chemist
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Research Chemist for a major petrochemical company in SE Houston. This is a great opportunity to play an integral role in the research and development of new polymer products. Candidates with previous research or undergraduate research experience are encouraged to apply.
- Handle and conduct organometallic reactions, maintain lab reactors, and perform analytical testing on catalysts and polymers.
- Properly document results into LIMS and assist in the development and improvement of laboratory SOPs.
- Maintain all laboratory databases with new results for record keeping and report generation.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment per the current maintenance schedule.
- Interact and communicate results and activities to Lab Management, Production, Operations, and Customer Service.
- Actively participate and maintain compliance with company HSE program and policies.
- Assist with raw material stocks, inventory control, and general housekeeping.
- Candidates with mechanical aptitude are preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by lab manager.
Years of Experience: 0-2+ years
Education: BS Chemistry or similar
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Long-term contract, strong possibility of permanent
Location: Houston, TX