Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Senior Project Engineer for a large chemical plant in Houston, TX. The Senior Project Engineer (I&E) is responsible for working with production, maintenance, and technical groups to develop estimates and implement capital projects with a focus on electrical, instrumentation and automation. This individual will resolve start-up issues, provide process improvements, and improve safety; will manage projects from the beginning through final documentation and project close out; and will also mentor junior project engineers and contribute to their development.
- Direct and manage small to large capital project requirements from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support plant requirements in collaboration with management.
- Develop any and all associated project documents including detailed list of engineering and design specifications for the deliverables of the scope; Inquiry to Bid (ITB) packages for contractors and EPC firms, etc.
- Estimate project cost, submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Keep track of project costs and variance reports.
- Develop timelines and identify resources needed to execute the project on time and on budget.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones.
- Select equipment, piping, electrical & instrumentation, civil, structural, vendor/contractors through the bid process when applicable.
- Where required, negotiate with vendor/supplier to meet the project budget/process requirement.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and other departments in timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members and personnel.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and devise contingency plans.
- Assist in transferring projects to production department by ensuring proper operation of installed equipment and training personnel on new equipment/systems/processes.
- Adhere to all safety policies onsite.
- Make recommendations for process/production and department improvements.
- Participate in project HAZOPs and PHAs.
- Participate in continued learning initiatives.
- Design and installation of non-process projects as required.
- Special projects and assignments as needed to support administration and technical labs.
- Field supervision of contractors and engineering firms.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action
- Mentor department interns when needed.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, functions, or departments to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep supervisor informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodic communication takes place.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues with the area of responsibilities.
- Maintain professional conduct, attendance, and high ethical standards in the workplace, complying with company’s policies and procedures.
- Fulfill mandatory training requirements applicable for department and job duties as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by supervisor or Management.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Years of Experience: 5-10+ years
Education: BS Electrical Engineering or related
Shift/Travel: M-F, days + weekend duty as needed
Assignment Type: Direct hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to [email protected]