Job Title: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Job Description: Element Staffing is recruiting for a Shipping & Receiving Supervisor for an oilfield chemicals manufacturer in Houston, TX. The S&R Supervisor will supervise shipping/receiving personnel and warehouse operators in the loading, unloading, and storage of products for the facility. Optimize loading and unloading times to provide the lowest cost and meet customer requirements. Assist in managing inventory of parts, raw materials, and finished products. Ensure all material is placed at specified locations for inventory, and inbound/outbound processes. Follow all governmental health, safety, and environmental regulations, and company policies.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and train shipping, receiving, and warehouse personnel.
- Ensure products, parts, or supplies are received, moved, stored, and shipped/delivered in an efficient, safe and secure manner.
- Conduct meetings with personnel to discuss and direct the inbound and outbound schedules.
- Ensure all shipping and receiving operations meet or exceed requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Review processes for shipping and receiving operations. Recommend opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Take precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss or damage.
- Inspect equipment daily.
- Arrange adequate safety training for employees in conjunction with responsible the Assistant Safety Manager.
- Meet safety requirements/goals for the plant as a whole.
- Investigate all reportable accidents, prepare necessary reports and initiate any remedial actions required.
- Maintain and provide protection of Company assets and records at all times.
- Perform all responsibilities according to Company procedures.
- Protect the confidentiality of proprietary Company information.
- Cooperate fully in the communication and implementation of Company policy.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and image in conducting Company business.
- Assist with other tasks as directed by management, as required.
Years of Experience: 2-5+ years
Education: HS Diploma
Shift/Travel: M-F, days
Assignment Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Houston, TX
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.